5 ways to be stress free

Hi everyone!

Recently, I have found that every single week has been extremely stressful. I have coursework to complete before the deadlines, revision sessions to attend, homework to do, blogs to write and lots of other commitments which makes me very stressed out! I know many of you will be dealing with the same thing wether its school, work or just day to day life! Therefore I thought I would wrote some way to relax after a very stressful period. This is as its extremely important to relax as otherwise, the stress will keep building up and will get you horribly worried. Theres times we need to let it all go, which will give us all a new and more motivated mindset after we relax!

This is a collab with one of my lovely internet friends Hope who has written about ‘how to avoid stress’ therefore with both of our posts, you will know how to avoid stress, and then if you do encounter it-you will know how to deal with it! Please go and have a read of her post, she is so lovely and its her first collab, so go and give her some support!

Adult colouring books

unnamed-29 10.48.55

Many of you may think it’s childish, but colouring isn’t just for children! There is such a wide variety of adult colouring books out in shops recently and I’ve been longing to get my hands on some! Therefore, I have purchased The Art of Mindfulness: Relaxed and focused colouring. This is full of beautiful patterns, animals and flowers made up of amazing detailed shapes. I also have the Harry Potter Magical Creatures colouring book which has brilliant, detailed drawing of characters and scenes within the books that you can colour in (which I simply had to get being a Harry Potter fan!). I find colouring in so calming as all you do is concentrate on colouring and you can be so free and make it personalised to you. Theres no fixed colours and orders you must do-its all up to your own creativeness!

Baking

unnamed-30 10.48.55

I am a huge lover of baking, and when I’m stressed I love to spend an hour of my afternoon baking some delicious food in the kitchen. Baking allows you to forget about everything and throw yourself into the cooking. You can be as daring as you want and create a three tier sponge, or baking some chocolate cookies! It’s also great as you get something amazing to eat afterwards! If your looking for a recipe, I wrote a blog post about making some iced biscuits which you can find here!

Exercise/Adventure

unnamed-31 10.48.55

By exercising at least 30 minutes a day, this can help relieve stress, tension as well as boost your confidence. Exercising releases serration which is the hormone which makes you happy, meaning after a short run or some core work outs-you’ll feel much better and happier! If you don’t like exercising too much, nothings stopping you from going on a hike or walk into the nearby woods, nature trail or countryside near you! It will still make you happy as your being active, plus its a great way to get some amazing photos!

Pamper evening

unnamed-33 10.48.55

After a long day of school, revision and work, I love to have a pamper evening. Run yourself a bath and pop in a bath bomb (naturally!) and use all your favourite products while listening to so calming music or while reading a book. I love to light candles and then afterwards, put on a facemask and paint my nails. It makes you feel so relaxed and its nice to have some ‘me time’ once in a while! It will make you feel good about yourself and lets you to take some time out of your busy schedules!

Movie Marathon

unnamed-32 10.48.55

When I make a day for me to relax, I love to have a movie or Netflix marathon. Get comfy on your sofa or in your bed and watch some of your favourite programmes or movies! It will put you in a great mood and make you forget about everything your stressing over! Make sure you have some of your favourite snacks nearby (maybe some of the treats you may have baked earlier if you did tip number 2!).

So theres five ways you can relax and take a step back from everything stressful within your life at the moment! I hope they helped and let me know what you like to do to relax!

1. March 26, 2016 / 11:48 am

I love those colouring books! I have the Doctor Who one! πŸ˜€ Oh and I agree, exercise is a really good way to reduce stress! πŸ™‚

• March 26, 2016 / 1:24 pm

I know, the colouring books are great! πŸ™‚

• March 29, 2016 / 3:47 pm

They really are πŸ™‚ I might need to get some more of them!

2. March 26, 2016 / 11:51 am

Pamper evenings are the best! I actually had one last night! I am having a baking day today for.. myself! I think baking’s so fun and you get to eat afterwards! Just posted a new post, I don’t really think I like it!??

3. March 26, 2016 / 11:56 am

I love adult colouring and zentangles, I find them really relaxing but they still hold enough focus to distract you from the craziness of life

4. HighHopes
    March 26, 2016 / 11:56 am

Great post Tash! Loved collabing with you, we should definitely do it again soon! I totally agree with all your tips- I particularly like doing the calm colouring, even when I don’t feel stressed, I just do it because I enjoy it! πŸ™‚ xx

• March 26, 2016 / 1:29 pm

Thank you Hope, I loved yours too! I love colouring in too! xx

5. March 26, 2016 / 12:06 pm

I just dropped by JoAnn’s yesterday and found a whole section of coloring books. I wanted to get one but my mom said no, it’s too expensive.…it was $15. So she said to check Amazon, her best friend! //sigh

• March 26, 2016 / 1:31 pm

I know the exact feeling-my Dad’s always saying he can get it for cheaper on Ebay! I got mine in WHSmiths which were around Β£8, but I think there are cheaper alternatives!

6. March 26, 2016 / 1:02 pm

OMG!! I have coloring books and it is kind of a new concept in my class:)). I came some weeks ago with it at high school and now there are three more classmates who bought at least one haha. I’m glad they are less stressed because of my childish pleasure which is actually a very helpful one.

• March 26, 2016 / 1:32 pm

Haha thats so great you’ve got other people to get them too- they are just amazing!!

7. March 26, 2016 / 1:26 pm

Awesome post! These are great tips!! I do the pamper evening and movie marathons quite often, they are literally the best de stress my mind!! I will definitely try the rest whenever I am stressed.

• March 26, 2016 / 1:33 pm

I love to have a movie marathon after a pamper so its brilliant! I hope you enjoy the other tips!

8. March 26, 2016 / 1:51 pm

Great topic, great support, great 5 things, great grammar. This post was perfect XD

• March 26, 2016 / 7:14 pm

I know- I love the book! Thank you for reading! πŸ™‚

9. March 26, 2016 / 2:26 pm

I love adult colouring books! I know what you mean about deadlines and revision, I’m going through the same thing at the minute :'( Great post!x

• March 26, 2016 / 7:14 pm

Good luck with all your revision, the colouring books are great to use during breaks! x

• March 27, 2016 / 10:07 am

Thank you so much- I’ll definitely check out the review!

10. March 27, 2016 / 12:42 am

These are all great tips! I do a lot of colouring in when I’m stressed/upset

• March 27, 2016 / 10:08 am

Thank you, and me too! I find it so relaxing and gets your mind off things!

11. March 27, 2016 / 7:54 am

Lovely post! I love to eat cookies and ice cream (I blend it up into a shake) when I’m feeling sad – or it’s that time of the month! Love your blog, gorgeous <3

Check out my latest? xx

• March 27, 2016 / 10:09 am

Thank you so much, the shake sounds amazing-I will definitely have to try it! x

12. March 27, 2016 / 10:56 am

Those all are such good ideas! I’ve never had a pamper routine. I never get to take baths in a tub, just showers. I’ve never used a bath bomb before πŸ˜€

• March 27, 2016 / 12:45 pm

Thank you! Poor you- not trying out bath bombs! If you look in Lush, there are some amazing things you can use in the shower; jets, jellies and smoothies are just some of them! πŸ™‚

• March 27, 2016 / 1:17 pm

Wow, that sounds so cool and relaxing πŸ˜€ I’ll be sure to look for them!

13. March 27, 2016 / 4:31 pm

This is such a good post. I love the adult colouring books. I really want one but every time I ask, everyone laughs because its a colouring book. X

• March 27, 2016 / 5:02 pm

Thank you! I know what you mean, but its so relaxing and if they had one, they’d probably think differently! x

14. March 27, 2016 / 6:13 pm

I’m absolutely with you on adult colouring books – I’m quite happy losing an hour to a beautiful pattern while I listen to some music. It’s ideal for chilling out and winding down πŸ™‚

• March 27, 2016 / 7:14 pm

I completely know what you mean- its so relaxing!

15. March 27, 2016 / 7:47 pm

Heyy! This is such a lovely post! These are all such good ideas. πŸ™‚ By the way, I wanted to let you know that I’ve nominated you for the creative and versatile blogger awards. Please feel free to ignore if you’ve already done these awards. Have an amazing day ahead! πŸ˜€

16. March 28, 2016 / 8:17 am

I love the colouring books! I have the Sherlock one and the mindfullness one! I do everything in the post (maybe apart fro the exercise oops!) The lush bath bombs look so good! Loved the post – Jess x

• March 28, 2016 / 10:15 am

Thank you so much! I don’t do exercise much either haha! I would much prefer a movie marathon! x

17. March 28, 2016 / 11:17 am

LOVE LOVE LOVE this post! πŸ™‚ great ideas xo

18. March 29, 2016 / 9:04 am

I love some of these ideas, I have 2 colouring books and can spend hours colouring, not only are they are great way to destress but they are also a great way to keep some creativity.

• March 29, 2016 / 4:40 pm

Thank you! I completely agree, ever since I have stopped doing art at school, it missed being creative!

19. April 24, 2016 / 12:26 pm