Prom 2016

Hi Everyone!

Here in the UK, when you leave year 11, there is some sort of celebration to celebrate the five years you have all spent together and to say goodbye to those going in different directions. I know in America, Prom is a pretty big thing and I think thats amazing. Sadly, here in the UK, its not as big-but we still have a fabulous time at our proms, and put in a lot of effort. Today, I am going to show you all my hair, makeup and prom outfit, to give you all some inspiration for your proms, or some parties that are coming up!

THE TAN

Two days before prom, I went to get a spray tan. This is because I am very pale in comparison to my friends and I didn’t want to look so light in photos. I also think I look a lot healthier with a tan and it goes a lot better with my dress. I got my tan done at the tanning shop. Its the second time I had been there and its amazing. Rather than someone doing your tan, theres a machine which you step in and it sprays you and instructs you to turn around- and it was only £10! The tan just made me feel a lot more confident and summery!

HAIR

I did get my hair done by a family friend who is a hair dresser. My hair was curled with straighteners and the top third of my hair was back-combed to give it a bit of volume! The clip I had purchased earlier during the week (see the bit below!) was clipped into the back of my hair which I thought was so pretty! The curls did drop our pretty fast- but thats my hair for you! No matter how much hairspray I put in, the curls drop out. But nevertheless, it was really pretty and i am super happy of how it turned out!

MAKEUP

I decided to do my own makeup, as I think I’m quite good at doing my own makeup and I didn’t really want to spend lots of money on a makeup artist.

image-14-07-16-05-41-6

In the photo above, these are the products I used on my face. I applied the Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation all over my face with a buffing brush and then blended the collection lasting perfection concealer under my eyes, on any blemishes as well as to highlight my face. I set all of this with the rimmel stay matte powder as I didn’t want to look shiny in photos! I then took the w7 Contour stick to highlight and contour my face and blended it in with a beauty blender. Over the cream contour I bronzed with the tanya burr powder and also used her blush from the rosy flush palette. Lastly, I used the white highlighter from the makeup revolution highlighter palette as well as the white highlighter from live love condone bronze and light platte.

image-14-07-16-05-41-5

Moving onto eyes, I filled in my brows with the bourjours 16 hour eye pencil and blended it in to make them look more natural. I then took three shades from the live love london paltte. I took a natural cream all over the eyelid and blended a rosy berry tone in the crease. I then blended in another rosy tonnes shade along with some matte shades from the makeup revolution iconic 3 palette. For a sparkly look, I took the no7 mini eyeshadow palette and the live love london bronze and light platte and took the white and rose gold shades across my eyelid. I then used both the barry M showgirl mascara and the maybelline lash sensational mascara.

image-14-07-16-05-41-4

For lips, I wanted a pinky matte lip to go with my dress and also so it wasn’t oo bright. I wanted matte as lip glosses can look very shiny in flash photography! I lined my lips with a pink lip liner from primark. This is my favourite lip liner and is so affordable at £1! I then applied the maybelline vivid matte liquid lipstick, in the shade ‘nude flush’. I absolutely love this liquid lipstick as it isn’t drying at all, it doesn’t need lots of layering, it stays on all knighted doesn’t stain your lips!

THE DRESS AND ACCESSORIES

image-17-07-16-12-48-4

Every school wears something different to their prom- however the trend is usually long dresses. I wanted a long flow dress which wasn’t too expensive as I was probably going to wear it once. I saw this navy blue one on boohoo.com. I was shocked that the dress was only £35! I was expecting to pay about £70-£80 for a dress and I found mine for half the price! I love the colour of the dress, with the lace at the sides and jewels around the waist and neck.

image-14-07-16-05-41-2image-14-07-16-05-41image-14-07-16-05-41-1

With the dress, I wore some nude, suede heels from Forever 21 which I love as they are comfortable and a lot easier to walk in than some other shoes! My silver bag is from an independent shop called ‘Diva’ which is in Bluewater shopping centre for those of you who may live near it! But there are similar ones practically everywhere! All my jewellery is from Claire’s which was quite a surprise, as I used to shop there when I was little, but they actually do some really nice jewellery!

THE EVENING

The evening was amazing. All my friends and I meet at my best friends house to have photos- it was great to see all of them in their beautiful dresses! We then got a LIMO to our prom, we listened too some music, sang and chatted all the way- it was really fun. When we arrived, everyone was already there so we said hello to everyone and marvelled at everyones beautiful dresses and makeup!

image-17-07-16-12-48-2image-17-07-16-12-48

The venue was lovely, we were at a local football stadium and the place we were in had black and gold balloons everywhere with gold glitter. There was a DJ and dance floor which was packed for the majority of the night! The food was great too, huge burgers, hot dogs and fries. I couldn’t eat it all because it was so filling but also as I was so excited!

image-17-07-16-12-48-6image-17-07-16-12-48-4

I danced all nigh- resulting in most of us girls taking off our heels and dancing for many more hours! Prom king and queen were announced which was hilarious. The evening was finished off with the song ‘See you Again’ which was quite emotional as 90 of us students gathered in a huge circle on dance floor hugging and singing.

image-17-07-16-12-48-5image-17-07-16-12-48-3

I had such an amazing time, prom is something I will never forget.

I N S T A G R A M | T W I T T E R | L A S T P O S T

1. July 23, 2016 / 2:16 pm

Your hair and makeup is beautiful! And I can’t believe that you got the gorgeous dress for £35 Lovely post xx

• July 23, 2016 / 3:45 pm

Thank you so much-and I know! It was such a good find! xx

2. July 23, 2016 / 4:00 pm

You look so beautiful on the Pictures! Sounds like it was an unforgettable night! <3

3. July 23, 2016 / 7:42 pm

It sounds like such a great time, and you look amazing! I’m hoping to get a dress similar to that for my prom which is held at Christmas 🙂 x

• July 23, 2016 / 7:49 pm

Thank you! Boohoo still have this on their website I think! I got mine way in advanced to prevent someone else having the same- and to just feel a bit more organised haha! Hope your prom goes really well at christmas, cant wait to hear about it! 🙂 x

• July 24, 2016 / 5:26 pm

Aw thank you so much, I will definitely remember it forever! x

4. July 24, 2016 / 9:47 am

You look lovely and I’m glad you had a nice time 😊❤️ Also, that dress IS really affordable, good find!

• July 24, 2016 / 5:27 pm

Thank you so much! I cant believe how affordable it is- it shows if you look around you CAN find something good!☺️❤️

5. July 24, 2016 / 11:46 am

You look absolutely lovely here Tash! If you have trouble with you hair holding curls, you should try L’Oreal’s Elnett Satin Hairspray in the absolute extreme hold variety! I have the kind of hair that is naturally pin straight, has literally no volume, is thin, and whenever I do get texture or I style my hair, without hairspray it will last like 30 minutes. This hairspray (when I attack my styled hair with it) lasts an entire night (which is huge for me lol!)

I was wondering with your dress, did it mention the length of the dress with it, and how did the length turn out? I wanted to purchase a dress from boohoo for my formal later on in the year, but it doesn’t specify a length and I’m super short (like 156cm) and I didn’t want to order the dress and have it be like 30cm too long. (It’s this dress for reference! http://www.boohoo.com/aus/invt/dzz79368)

– Jess x

• July 24, 2016 / 5:33 pm

Thank you for the advice about the hair spray- I’ll defiantly look into it as I haven’t found a hairspray that holds my styled hair all night! My dress was perfect for me- it was floor length but I am 5’7 ( 170cm) so I was very lucky! As your smaller, I suggest looking on the boohoo petite range which is for women under 5’3 (160cm) so that should be perfect for you! I also wore heels so it meant my dress was lifted slightly- so say if your dress was an inch too long for your preference, some small heels would help! The dress you chose is lovely, but I really suggest looking at boohoo petite http://www.boohoo.com/restofworld/clothing/boohoo-petite/icat/boohoo-petite) as I think the dresses would be an almost perfect length for you! Hope you find your perfect dress! -Tash x

6. July 25, 2016 / 9:06 am

Aw you and your friends look lovely. Glad you had a good time. I’ve just finished year 11 too but sadly we didn’t have a prom X

• July 25, 2016 / 9:41 am

Thank you so much! It’s a shame you didn’t have a prom! Maybe some of your friends and yourself could have a little get together or even go out for a meal- just to mark an end of something significant X

7. July 25, 2016 / 8:12 pm

Sounds like you had a great time. You looked beautiful! xx

8. July 26, 2016 / 4:39 pm

When I left year 11 my school refused to give us a prom, so we never had a chance to say final goodbyes. Anyway your dress looks gorgeous. I hope you had an amazing time.
    Alanna ♡ x

• July 26, 2016 / 8:04 pm

Oh no! Thats so horrible that you didn’t get to have a final goodbye! I did have a great time thank you- Tash ♡ x

9. July 29, 2016 / 1:16 pm

You had a serious bargain with your dress, it’s beautiful! You looked so lovely xx

• July 30, 2016 / 7:09 pm

I know! I can’t believe how cheap it was, and thank you so much! Xx

10. August 18, 2016 / 5:58 pm

You guys all looked stunning!! I don’t know how I missed this post but it sounds like you had a great time. My prom is next month and I’m going bizarre with trying to get everything as perfect as possible!!

• August 19, 2016 / 10:04 am

Thank you so much! I hope you have an amazing time, I felt the same, wanting everything to be perfect but even if it isn’t, prom is so fun and a night you will never forget- so enjoy it!!

• August 25, 2016 / 10:00 pm