Autumn Essentials

Everyone has items they could never dream of living without, it might be your favourite MAC lipstick, it could be that cute mug you use every morning for your tea or in my case- it’s my pyjamas! I find that throughout the seasons, my necessities change and there are some things that I couldn’t survive the season without. When it comes to Autumn, there are many essentials that I have, and today I thought I would share them with you!

image-28-08-16-01-02-2image-28-08-16-01-02-1image-28-08-16-01-02

Cosy PJs

Pyjamas are my favourite item of clothing. I wear them to bed, I wear them around the house and I sometimes even wear my pyjama top if I need to pop to the shop down the road (not my PJ bottoms- I think I’d feel a little self-conscious haha!). There is nothing better than coming home from school, work or being out and getting into some cosy pyjamas to warm yourself up. Almost all of my pyjamas are from Primark. This is because they are so affordable at around £8 a set and they are so thick, fluffy and have adorable designs on them. I already have enough, but I will definitely be buying some more this year!

Autumn Playlist

As I transition from Summer to Autumn, my music taste changes a bit. While rain is splattering against my window, for some reason an upbeat song like “Cake by the Ocean” just doesn’t seem to set the mood for me. I like to have more slow and relaxing playlists as they are perfect for waking up to, chilling out and getting ready for bed. I love the Spotify Playlist “Autumn Leaves”, it literally has no songs I know meaning I won’t get tired of them and they are so nice to listen to when the weather is a bit dull. The Album “Blisters” by Adam Barnes is also one of my favourites to listen to.

A Delicious Scented Candle

The reason why Autumn may be one of my favourite seasons is because I can finally burn some candles! In summer, I just don’t feel right to burn one as it’s already too hot! So, as soon as September comes, I get out all my candles! I love to go for warm and homely scents as on those cold, rainy days it makes you feel so cosy! I’m currently burning this Raspberry Sundae candle which smells AMAZING!

A Good Autumn Read

Due to the awful weather (which I secretly like, but only when I’m not outside in it!) it means I will spend more days inside. I love reading and in Autumn I read a lot due to all the spare time, so an essential for me is to have a couple of good books! I love to go for some of my old favourites like Harry Potter, but also some new books too which I am currently reading for school! There’s nothing better than reading on the sofa, covered in blankets reading while the rain splatters against the window!

Those are just four of my Autumn essentials, I do have more such as flu tablets as I’m always ill in the colder months (but I didn’t think that would look as good as a candle in the pictures haha!). What’s your Autumn essentials this year?

I N S T A G R A M | T W I T T E R | L A S T P O S T

1. September 24, 2016 / 12:57 pm

This weekend I’m going PJ shopping and honestly it’s one of the most exciting things to buy! Have you read the new Harry potter book? If so is the storyline a bit like the other books? xx

• September 24, 2016 / 3:56 pm

That sounds like the best shopping to do haha! Yes I have read the new Harry Potter book, the storyline is a little like the other book and all links-but it’s written like a play so I found myself getting a bit lost at times! I definitely prefer the other books but I just think it’s because I’ve grown to love them so much! But I would recommend reading it! xx

• September 25, 2016 / 11:03 am

Okay thank you so much! I’ll give it a read!!xx

2. September 24, 2016 / 1:31 pm

I LOVED this post!! Made me feel so autumnal and I couldn’t agree more with it! xo

emsirose.blogspot.com

3. September 24, 2016 / 3:00 pm

Love all of these! And totally agree with the PJs, just can’t live without them😂😂

• September 24, 2016 / 3:57 pm

Thank you! I literally couldn’t live without them, they are all I wear!😂

4. September 24, 2016 / 5:02 pm

I’ve heard a few reviews on the new Harry Potter book and apparently it’s not as good as the rest? Some people say it’s confusin, what did you think of it? Lovely post btw x

• September 24, 2016 / 5:14 pm

Thank you! I would have to agree and say it isn’t as good as the others and I did find myself a bit lost at times too! I just HAD to read it because I’m such a big fan! It was a good storyline but I prefer the other books much more! x

5. September 24, 2016 / 6:12 pm

Cosy Pjs! Best thing about Autumn ahaha
    Would you mind checking my blog out?
    Amy xx
    amyrosexoxo.blogspot.com

6. September 24, 2016 / 11:43 pm

Loved this post. I wore my pyjama bottoms out yesterday! It was dark though so people wouldn’t have been able to see unless they look closely and see the word good night 😀

Nira xx | https://itsnira7.wordpress.com

7. September 25, 2016 / 8:13 pm

Amazing post as usual 🙂
    Primark pyjamas give me life. Nothing better after a long day!

• September 25, 2016 / 9:41 pm

Thank you so much, and yes I completely agree, its what keeps me going while I’m at school as I know I’ll get to be in my pyjamas when I get home aha!

• September 26, 2016 / 6:27 pm

No problem.
        Haha that is so true! Its the best part of the day!

• September 27, 2016 / 5:06 pm

I’m glad it’s made you feel so autumnal- even though its the opposite of the season you are in! Thank you of the nomination and I hope you like the book! xx

• September 28, 2016 / 12:02 am

Haha no worries and yes, I’m really excited to continue reading it:)

8. September 28, 2016 / 4:49 pm

I love your blog, I’ve just done an autumn essentials post too, I would love it if you could check it out!! x

coffeeandcoatsblog.wordpress.com

• September 28, 2016 / 7:37 pm

Thank you so much! Of course, I’ll have a read now! x

9. October 9, 2016 / 7:08 pm

I can totally relate to this post!! I bought a halloween smelling candle today and it was lush! I’m definitely trying this autumn playlist x

• October 9, 2016 / 7:31 pm

You really should! Playing the playlist WHILE having the autumn candle lit will be the best thing ever! x

• October 9, 2016 / 7:33 pm

Definitely! I cant wait! I put up my first autumn post and I’m already feeling the autumn vibes, I’m definitely listening to the playlist when writing my other autumn posts! x

• October 9, 2016 / 7:42 pm

I’m literally doing that right now haha! Happy listening! x

• October 9, 2016 / 7:45 pm

Oh wow! Have you seen my latest post? I’d love it if you’d give it a read x