IT’S SUMMERTIME!! Well…it’s Summertime for me cause ya gal has FINALLY finished her horrible A Levels which literally CONSUMED my life for the past few months! I’m well aware (and honestly FEEL for you) that some of you are still at school or work, and don’t start summer until the middle of July. However, I still wanted to start emitting the summer vibes here on my blog to help those who are on summer break, but also get those of you who still have a little bit to go excited!
Summer break is amazingly LOOOONG. I practically have almost THREE MONTHS off before I’m due to start university, and I know for others it can last up to six or eight weeks! It’s a lovely amount of time, but I am for sure guilty of perhaps wasting it over the past few years- don’t get me wrong, its not like I didn’t enjoy binge-watching multiple tv shows over the past few years, but summer is a time where we are free and the weather is BANGING, so why not make the most of it?
Therefore, I decided to come up with a Summer Bucket List. Yes, I know it’s terribly cliche and it will not all be completed, but I’m not planning on that. I wanted to share some ideas on how to spend your summer when you find yourself at a bit of a loose end, or just want to DO SOMETHING. The reason why I decided to name this ‘Not Your Average Summer Bucket List’ as yes, it probably does include some typical and BASIC activities, but I really tried to throw in some unique ideas as well as free/affordable ones (cause I’m POOR due to uni fees whoop!).
- Go on a road trip (or public transport trip? looool)
- Watch the sunset
- Watch the sunrise
- Go stargazing
- Do an allnighter
- Have a movie marathon
- Go strawberry picking
- Visit a museum or gallery
- Get a tan (or like me, attempt to and get burnt in the process)
- Have a picnic
- Have a BBQ
- Go to a bonfire
- Spend a day being a tourist in your own city
- Go thrifting/charity shopping
- Have a huge clear out- donate/sell things you no longer want
- Read a book (or in my case 100437 books!)
- Treat yourself
- Go outside your comfort zone
- Do some baking
- Take a trip to the beach
- Do some volunteering
- Get a job
- Go to a concert/festival/gig
- Spend some time alone and unwind
- Workout more (lol I DEFFO need to do this!)
- Create a summer playlist
- Change your hair
- Reconnect with an old friend
- Spend 24 hours without your phone
- Go to a farmers market
- Roast marshmallows by the fire
- Have a water fight
- Make some summer drinks- smoothies, milkshakes, cocktails
- Take a nap (you deserve it!)
- Switch up your fashion
- Go swimming
- Go on a boat
- DIY/tie-dye your old clothes
- Do a photoshoot with your friends, alone or even with your dog!
- Do karaoke
- Set some goals for the rest of the year
- See a Broadway musical
- Pay a strangers bill (through a drive-thru etc)
- Dance in the rain
- Throw a party
- Throw a surprise party for someone special
- Do some random acts of kindness
- Get/give a makeover
- Fly a kite
- Take lots of photos and create a summer scrapbook
- Just do the things you love!
Those are just 51 ideas I have which can make your summer a slight step up from just watching youtube videos and Netflix shows (though I will still be doing both!). There are hundreds of other things you can do this summer, its a time of infinite possibilities and I’d love to hear what you all are planning to do this Summer!
I hope you all have THE BEST Summer ever!