SO, it’s been a little while since I’ve properly sat down and written a blog post (almost two frickin’ months if we are gonna get into the details!) and I’m not going to lie, it feels pretty strange. As opposed to typing on my laptop in my room at home, most likely with my cute lil’ dog sitting on my lap, I’m tip-tapping away on the keys in my uni room overlooking the London skyline- something I don’t think I’m ever going to get used to(!!).
To say that life has been a bit crazy for the past few months is totally an understatement, and I don’t think I can put into words what an amazingly-crazy-wtf-whirlwind it has been for me and time has simply FLOWN by. However, I got a notification from my blog a couple days ago, reminding me that I started my blog THREE WHOLE YEARS AGO. Three years like WHAT?! Just reminiscing back on starting this whole thang, the opportunities I’ve had and the friends I have made on here just made me want to get back into blogging SO BADLY. I know I pretty much have a bloomin ‘blogging break‘ every few months which I feel RIDICULOUS about doing, but sometimes I do just honestly find it hard to juggle it all- so I’m just going to try my best from here :))
ANYWAY, as I keep saying life has just been pretty hectic, I thought I would do a good old LIST (cause who doesn’t love a list?!) of all the most random things I have done for the past two months and some of my fave memories of my uni journey thus far!
- I MOVED TO UNI (and surprisingly I’m not even homesick!)
- I’ve made the bestest friends ever who happen to be my flatmates
- Have gone to KFC more times in the past two months than I had in my 18 years at home (and I’m not even mad about it)
- Survived freshers week
- BUT I did get freshers flu :((
- Went to a concert with my best friend to see one of our fave bands
- Been vintage shopping in the coolest parts of London
- Visited an abandoned Church garden in the heart of London
- Bought a doughnut at a super cool market
- Watched Othello at the Globe Theatre
- Took a tour of The Globe Theatre (even got to go ON stage and backstage ahhh my English Lit self was shooooook)
- Have visited and/or posed next to a load of touristy parts of London
- Became a member of Senate House Library in London and was simply in AWE as I looked around and got a load of books from there
- Spent the day at that BEAUT of a library (while simultaneously forgetting my memory stick with all my work on- sums up my life wow!!)
- Spontaneously got my ears pierced with two of my flatmates
- Submitted my first university assignment (actually, at this point I’ve sent off like five and I have five due in the next week LOL I’m screwed)
- Have worn clothes that are SO out there for me without the fear of being judged
- Have not worn makeup for multiple days in a row and not cared what people think (something I thought I could never do?!)
- Visited the Victoria Albert Museum
- Raced my flatmates (multiple times for some reason?) across campus while intoxicated? (I won both times teehee)
- Lots of deep chats until the early hours of the morning with my flatmates
- Cry-laughed A LOT over the STUPIDEST things
- Visited home and was reunited WITH MY DOGGIES!! (and saw my family lol)
- Cooked dinner for my flat
- Fallen in love with my degree so much more
- Decorated my dorm room EXACTLY how I wanted it
- Tried Five Guys for the first time
- Have eaten WAY too many packs of Sainsburys 45p noodles
- Probably eaten/drunk my bodyweight of Wetherspoons Sex on the Beach cocktails and 3 for £10 starters
- Had a job interview
- I have not gone to bed before 1AM probably for the WHOLE DURATION of my uni life so far
- Perfected an iced coffee with my Nespresso Coffee Machine (honestly the best thing I brought to university)
- Have said yes to pretty much every spontaneous trip into London
- I’m suddenly a fitness guru and I go running in the mornings apparently??
- Have opened up about my actual FEELINGS for the first time in my life
- Skipped class (only TWICE okay I’m a good student I swear!!)
- Understood how independent I am and that I am strong enough to move away from home and be okay
- Realised how much I do miss my school friends and have LIVED for when I facetime or ring them
- I TURNED 19 AT UNI!!
- I honestly think I’ve had more takeaways than actual food because UberEats is SUCH a blessing
- Realised that this is the happiest I’ve been in years and that I cannot wait for the next few years of my degree here :))
OKAY, so that’s only just a couple of highlights of the past two months here- so can you see what I mean when I say it has been pretty crazy?! I honestly think I can say that the past two months have been some of the best times of my life– of course, there have been downs alongside the ups, but what’s new? It was SO nice just to really reflect back on my time here so far, and although it hasn’t been that long, I can tell that I’m already changing and evolving as a person which is super exciting.
In terms of my blog, I’m ALWAYS going to be here as this is something that I really love to do. I have a bit of a temperamental relationship with ‘ThoughtfulTash’ as it is something that I want to be perfect and authentically me- and I don’t want to publish anything that isn’t me or that I’m not happy with. HOWEVER, I do plan to post a lot more as well as on my social media so keep your eyes peeled hahaha.
Let me know if there is anything you want to see from me over here- whether it’s about university, advice, life or anything in between. PLEASE DM me over on Instagram or whatever for a catch up too cause I literally have missed you all a lot (even if you haven’t missed me and didn’t notice my absence ahaha!).