What a year 2017 has been! Although while we are living our busy lives throughout the year we think the time can drag a little, I think it still shocks us all how quickly time can pass in that it’s almost 2018! Everyone starts out the year with the mentality of ‘this is my year’, and I think that’s fab, but honestly- every year is your year! Although some years may be a bit more eventful than others, if you look hard enough, you’ll realise there are a hella lot of things that made this year your’s, things that may have changed your life! Because of this, I’ve decided to share 17 things, both big and small, which have made 2017 my year, and a year in which I won’t forget!
- Landing my first job! After my GCSEs, I decided that it was time to find myself a job so I could actually end up buying all those clothes I put in my online basket haha! But in all seriousness, I really enjoy my job and it’s taught me some very valuable skills- and let me treat myself and my family a bit more now and then!
- The process of running for head girl. This year I ran for head girl which involved giving a speech collectively in front of ONE THOUSAND people (my whole school eek!) and having an interview with the head members of staff. I managed to bag the role of Assistant Head Girl which I’m SO pleased with, but I’m even happier that I had the courage to give that speech- something I would have never dreamed of doing years ago!
- Taking my AS exams. Year 12 meant AS exams, and BOY was they hard! But, after all the revision, I managed to get grades ABB which honestly made my summer!
- Going self-hosted. I took a HUGE step on my blog and went to self-hosted! I absolutely LOVE my blog and the theme, and appreciate all your support so much!
- Starting my last year of school. This September I embarked on my last year of school. It’s a bittersweet time and is already speeding by! I plan to make the most of it by working VERY hard, but enjoying every moment!
- Learning to drive. I’ve been putting off learning to drive for AGES, but in October I finally started and I’m really enjoying it. Hopefully, I will be all done and dusted before I’m off the university, so watch out when I’m on the roads haha!
- Coming to terms with my mental health has been a big thing for me this year. Mental health isn’t really something I share here on my blog as it’s more of a personal thing for me. Although I’m still finding it hard, I’m starting to understand to acknowledge it and learn how to deal with it. I’m looking forward to continuing overcoming it in 2018.
- Working with The Blogger Programme! This summer I did a bit of work experience with The Blogger Programme, a company in which I often use to collaborate with companies! It was so interesting to see the other side of blogging and let me pick up a lot of tips along the way.
- Revising and working VERY HARD! This year I had to do A LOT of revision for AS exams, mocks etc which I strangely enjoyed? Although exams are stressful, when I’m in the mood for it, I do enjoy revising! (let’s hope this mentality carries on in 2018 when I’m taking my actual A levels!)
- Finding my love for photography. Blogging introduced me to the hobby of photography, but this year I’ve been interested in more than just taking flat lays of my fave products, I’ve loved adventuring into London and taking snaps of the city, the views and even my friends. Photos are the perfect way to having memories forever- I love them!
- Applying for university! OMG as if I applied for university this year?! After COUNTLESS drafts of my personal statements and being indecisive about the courses I wanted to take, in November I sent off my application!
- Getting university offers!! Up to this point, I’ve have received 4/5 of my university offers which I’m PUMPED about! Two of them are unconditional offers, one in which I’m planning on taking! I’ve still got a bit of thinking to do, but this year has made me incredibly proud and excited for uni next year!
- Enjoying all the celebrations was such a good thing about this year; the birthdays, my 18th, Christmas, new years…it’s all been SO GOOD!
- Attending my first wedding- my Dad’s! I’ve never been to a wedding before, and was pleased that my first would be my Dad’s! I was a bridesmaid and I had such an amazing day, seeing my Dad incredibly happy and getting his ‘happy ever after’ in the end.
- Realising what direction I want to go in life. I know this statement is a bit ‘deep‘, but I’ve had many eureka moments in 2017 in that I am begging to grasp my ‘purpose’. I am honestly SO excited to embark on the journey to achieve my full potential and pursue a lifestyle and job that I love.
- Turning 18, I am officially an ‘adult‘! Being 18 really made me a bit emotional that I’ve REALLY really grown up (I mean, I can totally still be a kid at heart, right?) and I am starting to move on with life. I had a fab time celebrating- bring on the big 19 LOL!
- Understanding to make the best of everything. Although there have been some unbelievable bits about 2017, to be honest, I’ve had some proper crap times too- and that’s completely fine! This year has taught me to make the best out of everything, there is something beautiful in every day and that’s all you need to focus on.
I guess you can say it’s been a bit of a crazy year, full of ups and downs but I wouldn’t change it for the world! I want to say a HUGE thank you to every single one of you reading this, all your support on this lil’ blog means more to me than words can describe. I hope you all have a fab new year- there will be A LOT of blog posts coming your way!
Leave some of your favourite moments about 2017 in the comments, I would love to read them!
Happy New Year!