For me, doing my nails has never been something I’ve enjoyed, I have more seen it as an absolute CHORE. Sometimes, I’m unable to understand how some people have oh-so-perfect nails while I’m over here STRUGGLING with my messy nail polish! Until recently, my nail polish routine involved spending AGES on what colour to go for, shakily painting my right hand with my left and then waving my arms around like an absolute loony, attempting to dry them. After all that hard work, your gal has smudged five nails and angrily removes it all, pretending this episode never happened. This happened EVERY SINGLE FLIPPIN’ TIME!
However, for Christmas, I was lucky to receive this lushhh Barry M Gift Set, consisting of 30 of their most popular shades. Barry M has always been my favourite nail polish brands as they dry the fastest, and only need one coat (meaning less chance for me to mess it all up LOL!), so to have thirty was an ABSOLUTE dream. The set includes three of their core collections; coconut infusion, classic, jelly and molten metals, all of which are GORGEOUS. Moreover, three of the nail polishes are a nail care polish, a shiny basecoat/topcoat and a matte topcoat.
As well as sharing this beaut of a set with you guys, I also wanted to slip in some lil’ tips that through the struggles of nail painting, I have managed to grasp that will totally help you all out!
- ALWAYS use a base coat! It can be very tempting to skip the basecoat to save time, but this will prevent your polish from staining your nails, and makes it ten times easier to remove when you’ve had enough of it!
- Apply thinly! Although applying a thick layer means your polish it super pigmented, this will take ONE THOUSAND YEARS to dry (or it will feel like it!), meaning it’s a bigger chance of you smudging your nails!
- Use the three-stroke technique– apply a stroke in the centre of your nail and then one either side, boom you’re done!
- Lock in the polish with a top coat! It’s all well and good painting your nails, but without a top coat, your nails will be chip city! A quick top coat will make your nails last SO much longer!
- Run your nails under cold water after painting! This helps lock in the polish and dry your nails faster!
There’s just a couple of lil’ tips that have SAVED MA LIFE when painting my nails- it’s a crazy concept but I actually enjoy painting my nails now! I paint my nails every week now and I’m lovin’ it, so hopefully, this post has shed the light that painting your nails AIN’T THAT BAD (even though I thought it was for 18 years of my life oops!).
This post is also a cute lil’ collab with one of my FAVE blogging girlies Eden who has shared her skin routine over on her gorgeous blog. Go have a read of it and give her some looove!