Subscription boxes have taken the internet by storm over the recent years- and all for good reason, you can literally STAY AT HOME and get goodies sent right to your door with a bundle of surprises inside! However, I personally have never invested in a subscription box as I have always questioned ‘do I REALLY need it? Is it worth it?’ as being an economically careful student (or broke- however you want to put it!) means that I often think a lot before purchasing things!
However, something that I have to invest in every month is having my period- yes I know A PERIOD. Periods are something that everyone rarely talks about, but I think we NEED to help each other as gals and give one another all the help we can get! Periods can sometimes cost a BOMB, especially if I want to buy every chocolate bar in sight (i.e. every single time!). However, the Pink Parcel has answered all my questions regarding both periods and subscription boxes as its absolutely PERFFF.
Some of you may have heard of, or even remember my review on the Betty Box, which is, in fact, the teenage version of the Pink Parcel. I LOVED the Betty Box, but as I’m growing up (cause I’m SUCH an adult at 18), I think it’s amazing that there is a more sophisticated subscription box for adult women and that it’s a simple transition for teens that need a new type of box when they are a bit older!
So, here’s what the box includes:
- An option to have pads or tampons (or a mix of both) to get you through your cycle which is totally customisable to YOU!
- The products are divided up into categories; for now, for later and for night so you have various types for all parts of your cycle- and the ‘for now’ products come in a cute lil’ pouch which you can just throw in your handbag straight away and refill when needed!
- A ‘for you’ box which includes a variety of beauty products, sweet treats, seasonal surprises and herbal teas! These are switched up every month so it’s something exciting to open each month- so at least there’s SOMETHING to enjoy when it’s that time of the month!
Here are some extra fun facts:
- You are able to CHOOSE when you want your subscription box to be delivered so you can ensure it comes in perfect time with your period (no last-minute runs to Boots anymore WHOOP!)
- The box is only £12.99 a month- but includes products with a value of over £40, so you’re DEFFO getting your value for money
- Pink Parcel is alllll about normalising periods and EMPOWERING women- cause I mean, we are pretty amazing
- It currently holds the title as the ‘UK’s No1 Period Box’ and has been praised by the likes of ELLE, GlamUK, Closer, WomensHealth and the Guardian
What I loved about my box:
- The fact the theme was allll about positivity, everything in this months parcel was so fab to kick off the new year with from a peppermint tea, smoothie essential mix and calming spray- I felt amazing starting off the year!
- THE FLIPPIN’ PACKAGING is so stunning, I adore the mix of grey and pink, but also how well everything was all packaged. It was also so discrete, nobody, not even the postman would know what was inside!
- I felt prepared. I know we are all super busy just living life, and this month was a hell of a lot easier knowing that I had my Pink Parcel at hand while I was struggling through a pile of work and stress!
SO, to conclude, I would totally recommend the Pink Parcel- it honestly SAVED MY SOUL this month, and is such a useful thing to have when life is so hectic! Periods are such an annoyance, but there are two options; to stick it out or just to accept n EMBRACE it, and I absolutely love Pink Parcel as that’s exactly what they do! Deffo have a peek on their website and see if you can make next month that little bit easier!
*This post contained a fab PR sample, however, all opinions are my own